Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

TWIN VEE 29 questions Help

:504_shrugging::504_shrugging:

I have a few questions on the 2008 twin vee 29 I just purchased. Hopfully someone out there has a similar boat and can help.

You know the factory is closed , so no help there.

My boat runs 42mph loaded to fish at 5200 rpms, running 24" power tech 4 blade props.

What performance do you get and what props are you running>

What is your fuel mileage an d rpms at the sweet spot (mPH)

I Have a furuno fcv 585 with ss 264 tilted 20 degree element transducers installed on the insides hulls of the sponsons and read bottom good up to 15 mph, after that the screen goes nuts. :2261_high:

Any suggestions, what transducers are you running , how do they work?

Rick 772-388-8782

I have a '06 / 22' Twin Vee 2X115 4stroke Suzukis - 3 blade props - top speed about 28 mph ....... burn a little less then 2gal. per mile ........

Garmin 2006C & Garmin 198C - both have Garmin transom transducer -

Was having issues with intermittent reading depths from day one .......

The 198C transducer was mounted right behind the brass clam shell, live well pick up - on the right side on the port hull - creating turbulence .........

Moved it to the left side edge of port hull & now it reads at every speed without any problems ........

The bracket on the 2006C broke, but the transducer was still reading ..........

Removed the broken bracket - placed the transducer in the starboard side hull - first with clear caulking ( that didn't work ). Went with Exopy Putty around the side edges of the transducer - works like a dream & reads at all speeds .............

Hope this helps ......... ICM

I have a '06 / 22' Twin Vee 2X115 4stroke Suzukis - 3 blade props - top speed about 28 mph ....... burn a little less then 2gal. per mile ........

Garmin 2006C & Garmin 198C - both have Garmin transom transducer -

Was having issues with intermittent reading depths from day one .......

The 198C transducer was mounted right behind the brass clam shell, live well pick up - on the right side on the port hull - creating turbulence .........

Moved it to the left side edge of port hull & now it reads at every speed without any problems ........

The bracket on the 2006C broke, but the transducer was still reading ..........

Removed the broken bracket - placed the transducer in the starboard side hull - first with clear caulking ( that didn't work ). Went with Exopy Putty around the side edges of the transducer - works like a dream & reads at all speeds .............

Hope this helps ......... ICM

That sounds like what I got to do , remove the thru hull transducers from insides the sponsons, plug the hole and reinstall them on the outsides.. Nightmare job, trying to remove all the 4200 I used to install them.

I really apreciate the assistance.

Do you know anyone that owns a 29 I can bounce some questions off of like fuel mileage prop selection, and addding some hatches in the front deck.

Rick