Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Rubbermaid Fast Track Garrage Storage System

Working on getting the garrage at my new house organized, and saw this system at home depot. Seems to be pretty decent quality for light weight storage and hanging a few tools. I'm not really interested in the shelves & baskets, but do like the idea of movable hooks for storing items like the trimmer & blower, ladders, and other such items.

I dont know if you, or anyone else for that matter, are thinking about getting the rubbermaid cabniets that they sale. If so, dont! It was the biggest waste of money I ever spent. They are not very durable, unless you are storing pillows in them. I just threw all mine away about a month ago. Every single self in the cabniets bowed due to the weight on them. They Suck!!!!

I picked up a 84" rail from HD last night as well as a few of the accessory hooks. This is a well made system, if you can use a stud finder, level, and drill, it is super easy to put up. The only thing that I have had any trouble hanging so far is my leaf blower. It is a handheld echo model, and has a fairly fat engine, I may have to add a loop of cord to it or something like that to hang it off of a standard accessory hook.

Trey now I don't know your system you are working with. For that leaf blower of yours, could you not mount a dowel (cut off a portion of an old broom handle) sticking straight out somehow? (drill hole in a block of wood, glue in dowel, mount block of wood) :)

Trey now I don't know your system you are working with. For that leaf blower of yours, could you not mount a dowel (cut off a portion of an old broom handle) sticking straight out somehow? (drill hole in a block of wood, glue in dowel, mount block of wood) :)

I accidently picked up a bike hook for the system, made to hold the front tire of a bike with the back hanging below, that tured out perfect for hanging it by the handle.

the only thing left I need to do is get a sheet of clear acrylic or similar to mount on the wall below the rail to keep the drywall from getting beat up. I figure a few smudges & scratches on it would look a lot better than black marks & scratches on a light colored wall.

Just a thought here. I know of places up here where I can buy used hard acrylic sheets/ mats for under office chairs that sit on carpet. The acrylic mats allows the office chair to roll around easily. Places that sell used office furniture/ equipment might/ should have them cheap. I've bought them in the past and they cut well with a table saw. :)

Oh, when you're drilling holes in the stuff, let the drill do the work, don't lean on the drill.....it could cause the acrylic to create spider cracks.