Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

SeaTow or Tow Boat US?

I was wondering if we ever came to an agreement about what boat towing company is better with regard to service coverage, waiting time, fleet, customer service, etc... around south FL.

I'm planing to do some trips to Bahamas so I think that that would make a difference....

I always see Tow Boat US hanging around the Port Everglades Inlet and they have quite an impressive fleet of boats.

Only occasionally is SeaTow out there. Meaning, it seems Tow Boat US is always awaiting the call to respond.

However, I was listening on VHF one afternoon about a diver who surfaced too fast. The Sea Tow operator was very profession in his handling of the incident especially in his communication with the Coast Guard. He seemed to have quite a bit of medical knowledge and radio skills. Sea Tow was on the scene before the CG was.

I have tow-boat us because of boat/us membership....used them once...fast courteous..

on a friends boat for the last air/sea show...he has seatow....took them a while to reach us with GPS coordinates...but it was crowded..we were off FTL for air/sea...he lives in sans souci ...north miami.....half way there seatow passed us off to a "dade" county boat...we had to wait 15 min for other boat to arrive....don't know if this is std procedure or not between counties...he had to sign bill for 1st boat and then another for the 2nd boat...seemed odd for same company...other than that...they did a good job.......... :1992_beer_cheer:

seatow passed us off to a "dade" county boat...

Passing off a tow between a towboat from one Sea Tow franchise to a towboat from another franchise is standard procedure within the Sea Tow franchise system. We each work cooperatively with our franchise neighbors when a tow crosses from one franchise area to another. It frees up our towboats more quickly to be available to respond to another member.

Passing off a tow between a towboat from one Sea Tow franchise to a towboat from another franchise is standard procedure within the Sea Tow franchise system. We each work cooperatively with our franchise neighbors when a tow crosses from one franchise area to another. It frees up our towboats more quickly to be available to respond to another member.

makes sense...thanks for the reply......