Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

WELCOME NEW MEMBERS!

Hi everyone!!!!

My names John and I live in Stuttgart, Germany.

Grew up in Newcastle DE. and used to run out of Indian River Inlet back in the early 80´s . :605_thumbs_up:

I´ve been away from boating till about 5 years ago when a bud of mine took me out for a weekend for boating and BEER!!!

As all of you know, once the bug bites again,there aint no going back to life without it.

I learned about this site from THT which I enjoyed a lot, then after a while I started to notice how bitchy things can get, so I decided to have a peek here.

Up to now, I´m impressed and look forward to learning from all of you. :2403_worshipper:

I have a German captains license, but I´m not sure what the American equivalent is called. :504_shrugging:

It´s not for commercial use, and I´m limited to 50 FT L.O.A.

I´m still a noob, but hope to continue to learn thank´s to all the experienced folks on here. :D;) ;)

Good weather, tight lines and cold beer to you all! :1992_beer_cheer::605_thumbs_up:

Hello Lance here (lprizman),

Fish Narragansett Bay Rhode Island,,blues, stripers, Tautog, and whatever else bites.

Been boating all my life from aluminum skiff as a kid, various sailboats with my Father (on both coasts)to my current and quite possibly my last boat,,only because I just love it. Now I got to find a puppy to bring along with me.

My last boat was a 18' procraft for the lake I lived on in RI,,,a lake is fun,,but the ocean is where it's at,, :605_thumbs_up:

Hi guys - I recognize lots of you! Hi Parthery!

Anyway, I'm here from the "Lake Lanier Gang" from the THT FL/GA section. Lots of us are saltwater oriented and as for me, you'll see us boating/fishing around Hilton Head, Destin, or Pensacola when I'm not "landlocked" at Lanier just north of Atlanta.

I got lots of great advice and help a few years ago on the "old THT" when we were looking for our first boat. I'm glad to be BACK in the company of knowledgable, friendly and HELPFUL fellow boaters!!

Just signed up, also a member of THT and Tidalfish and look forward to contributing whatever i can here.

I am a new boater, just bought my first boat last year, a Sea Hunt Triton 22' CC.

I have learned an enormous amount from alot of you already and highly appreciate it.

I fished alot as a kid, my dad took me often, and the great memories are many.

Got into hunting, girls, and fast cars in my teens and didn't fish much through my teens and twenties, then started getting back into it a few years ago.

Went out on a few charters flounder fishing and started to think it might be nice to have a boat, plus i really enjoyed being on the water and thought it would be an enjoyable family activity now that i'm married.

Kicked the idea around with my wife and dad and started going to boat shows looking around. Narrowed down our choices and found what we wanted and bought last spring.

My dad retired earlier this year, so now i'm trying to pay him back for taking me fishing as a kid.

We have probably caught more fish since we bought the boat than in the previous ten years combined.

This year, on opening day of striper season (which was also my birthday) i caught my first real striper, a 38 incher, and my dad caught his biggest and first keeper a 39 incher, as well as two 36 inchers caught by my crew. It made all the expense ad hassle of owning a boat worth it, and that's why i'm here.