Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

What would it take to get you to volunteer as a Control Boat for the 2009 Winterfest Boat Parade?

Guest edgewater225

Guest edgewater225

I'm on the Board of the Winterfest Boat Parade, and on the actual parade committee, and (yes, I know this is dragging already) the guy in charge of recruiting/organizing Control Boats. I'm also the VP of marketing for Star brite.

If you are planning on watching the parade (mid-December), consider being a Control Boat. You get an unobstructed view of the parade; Your job is simple - anchor at a pre-determined spot (you can ask for a specific area) and then make sure the spectator fleet anchors behind you, in order to keep the route clear for parade boats.

You'll also get a cool Captain's Bag full of Star brite products and other stuff, invitations to pre- and post-parade parties and a cool yellow flashing light. LEO will be your backup in case of douchebags.

I'll be out there on my EdgeWater, and I will tell you it is an outstanding way to watch the parade.

If you're interested, send me a PM with an e-mail. We may be holding a Control Boat meeting this summer, if there is enough interest. . The Florida Sportsman Forum has already come up with 6 boats, so let's see if this one can't do better.

I'm on the Board of the Winterfest Boat Parade, and on the actual parade committee, and (yes, I know this is dragging already) the guy in charge of recruiting/organizing Control Boats. I'm also the VP of marketing for Star brite.

If you are planning on watching the parade (mid-December), consider being a Control Boat. You get an unobstructed view of the parade; Your job is simple - anchor at a pre-determined spot (you can ask for a specific area) and then make sure the spectator fleet anchors behind you, in order to keep the route clear for parade boats.

You'll also get a cool Captain's Bag full of Star brite products and other stuff, invitations to pre- and post-parade parties and a cool yellow flashing light. LEO will be your backup in case of douchebags.

I'll be out there on my EdgeWater, and I will tell you it is an outstanding way to watch the parade.

If you're interested, send me a PM with an e-mail. We may be holding a Control Boat meeting this summer, if there is enough interest. . The Florida Sportsman Forum has already come up with 6 boats, so let's see if this one can't do better.

sign me up. bjk@elitemarine.us

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Better Late Than Never !

If you will be looking for Vessels over 30' to volunteer for The 2010 Boat Parade, You should contact Nick C. Pres.of The Plantation Waterways Owners Association, Inc. 1360 S.W.56 Avenue - Plantation Isles - Plantation, Florida 33317

pwoa2005@bellsouth.net

Just a thought, Happy New Year