Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

May 15th & 16th Aboard High Cotton

We left Orange Beach at 6AM Friday for two full days of fishing with Chris Garner on the High Cotton. After a short stop for bait, we pressed on and started fishing. Our first stop produced a limit of AJ's, no monsters but solid fish. After having our fill of that we headed to blue water to chase pelagics.

While the offshore bite was not exactly hot, it was steady and we started putting fish in the boat including wahoo and dolphin. A couple of the dolphin were really nice with a cow weighing in the upper 20's/low 30's and a bull that would weigh 53 after being on ice for over 24 hours. We trolled until dark and then started jigging, putting some blackfin in the boat. After a full day of fishing we called it quits about 11.

At 4:30 the engines come back to life and we are headed back to the rig. We quickly jig up a few more blackfin in the dark and begin trolling just before sunup. Well, the morning bite provides a few yellow fin before it shuts down. We continue trolling and added a few more dolphin and wahoo before pointing the boat toward Orange Beach. After running a couple of hours or so we put the spread out once again and pick up a few more wahoo up to 45lbs. I have to be honest, I don't think that we could put anymore fish in the boxes.

We clear Perdido Pass Bridge at 4:00 Sat afternoon to one of the biggest parties that I have ever seen at Robinson Island. Wow, those folks looked to be having fun! I didn't bother to tally up all of the fish, but it was a mess. I have enough to keep the neighborhood fed for a while. The pics aren't on my camera but I will post them when I can get them.

I can't say enough about Chris and his crew. It is very hard for 11 guys to spend nearly 36 hours on a boat and not get on each others nerves. I know that they did not get on our nerves and they hid it well if we got on theirs. Good job Chris, Sean, and Tom.

Rogue,

Glad to hear you had a great trip with Chris - he is a great guy! Can't wait to see the pics - I've got my boat back on the lift - i'll be looking for crew this summer, my son is more interested in his friends now than going fishing with dad, so if your ever interested in going let me know! I've added underwater lights and am going nuts to do a night time snapper trip after june 1st...

Michael