Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Evinrude E-Tec engines

I have just over 1200 hrs on my twn 200 ho's and they are in getting their 300 hr service on them.So far I have not had one issue with them and they have been great engines. what has been your experiance with your e-tec good or bad. I would prefer to here from owners only.

I am just over 1200 hours and aside from a bad fuel injector and a broken cowl latch they have been great.

I did have some stalling issues during my initial use of E-10 but it went away after the first tank of fuel. The E-10 was also thought to be the cause of the failed injector.

Warranty replaced the injector with no questions asked.

I have just over 1200 hrs on my twn 200 ho's and they are in getting their 300 hr service on them.So far I have not had one issue with them and they have been great engines. what has been your experiance with your e-tec good or bad. I would prefer to here from owners only.

I'm not cheating. A manufacturer, but also an owner.

My Flats, 115 E-Tec.

Very few hours put on by me, lots of them put on by others that use it.

GREAT PRODUCT!

No axe to grind here, we use four brand names on our product. The question went specifically to an EVINRUDE, which is my current personal outboard.

The product is an extremely good one with extremely good factory support.

Mike Carrigan

I have about 150 hrs on my 250 and have not had an ounce of trouble.

Here is a story i have meant to post:

At around the one year aniversary I was looking through my documents and realized i never got my $500 gas card which was a promotion during the sale period. I had worked a really great deal with the dealer due to his floor plan coming to an end so i didnt think much about it, actually i wasnt sure it was part of the deal I got.

I called BRP to check on any updates and asked the guy at tech support about the gas card. He said he was sorry but that deal had ended several months back and the dealer was supposed to fill out some paperwork. No biggie, I thanked him for checking and helping me with the updates and hung up.

About a week later I get a letter from BRP...... They essentially apologized for the "mix up" said the gas card was no longer available since it was a joint promotion from Shell Oil... etc...etc....

And attached a check for $500.00

That, my friends, is customer service!

If you call BS I got the letter and a copy of the check!

As a follow up, if I may:

An E-Tec service rep, with no personal gain what so ever, went out of his way to help with a problem just a few days ago. "Norm", a darn good service rep who went out of his way, way out of his way, to help a couple guys with a problem. I've seen it many times before.

With these guys we've grown to expect that. They always come thru.

Again, I sell four brand names, all excellent products, all excellant people, however the question went specifically to EVINRUDE.

As an owner, and also who's livelihood depends on customer service, I cant say enough good about these guys.

Maybe some day they'll become fat and lazy, who knows, but all I see is real good.

Mike Carrigan

Going on 3rd season and last year lost a water pressure sensor. Dealer came out next day and replaced it. I wasn't even there. Auto winterize would not work last fall. Worked previous fall. Dealer came out and couldn't get it to work manually either(auto shut off). Showed on his laptop that it winterized so we left it for this fall and he'll reprogram. I'm very happy with performance and support.