Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

A.C. Refit

Folks

I'm spending money like a drunken sailor "cherrying" out my 38 Special Bertram. The a.c. in the cabin was adequate, but you had to wait a while for it to cool the cabin and it was a bit noisy from the 20 year old compressor.

It's always a financial judgement on what to do, but I bit the bullet and replaced the old cruisair self contained unit with a new one using the SMXII controls with the remote. What an improvement! the new one is super quiet and will blow your hat off wile cooling the cabin completely in 1/10 the time of the old. The new controls are a dream and you can program a dehumidify mode which looks great to me! The new unit is much smaller, has a heavy plastic drip pan and seems engineered like it's from a different century.

Just a kudo to cruisair,I think it's the best money on refurb I have spent so far, wish I had done it earlier, probably would have slept better.

We have four Cruisairs on the 54 Hatt that I run (1 each for the salon, owner's stateroom, fwd stateroom, and the staboard stateroom). When they're all on, the boat can be cooled to a ridiculously cool temp, on even a 100-degree day. The downside is that they need clean, 50-amp service, which some marinas don't supply. To compensate, we have a power-conditioner installed on the 50 AMP circuit. Without it, half the units would trip their control panels, returning a low-voltage error on the displays.

BTW, that's never a problem when running on the genset (20 KW).

We have four Cruisairs on the 54 Hatt that I run (1 each for the salon, owner's stateroom, fwd stateroom, and the staboard stateroom). When they're all on, the boat can be cooled to a ridiculously cool temp, on even a 100-degree day. The downside is that they need clean, 50-amp service, which some marinas don't supply. To compensate, we have a power-conditioner installed on the 50 AMP circuit. Without it, half the units would trip their control panels, returning a low-voltage error on the displays.

BTW, that's never a problem when running on the genset (20 KW).

My crew always said they coulld tell if I was sleeping on the boat... they could see the condensate dripping off the side of the boat before they got to the slip. I like it cool too. Tell me about the power conditioner, I have the low voltage crap on my Hatteras at the marina.

My crew always said they coulld tell if I was sleeping on the boat... they could see the condensate dripping off the side of the boat before they got to the slip. I like it cool too. Tell me about the power conditioner, I have the low voltage crap on my Hatteras at the marina.

Here you go: http://www.charlesindustries.com/main/ma_smartboost.html