Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Charleston inshore saltwater fishing report May 16th (Pic's)

Capt from what I have read you were right about the weather.

Friend of mine that is an outdoor writer camed down for an article and fished 2 hard days and only 1 trout, said it was the

worse trip as far as results that he had ever had but needed pics of a trout and that was what they got.

Pretty sure you know him, Phillip Gentry

Is it looking any better this week, how are the sheepshead doing and when will they move inshore to the bridge pilings

Yeah,,,I know Phillip very well. Good guy! We have fished together a few times.

He has an article on me in the South Carolina Game and Fish magazine this month.

He called me on the phone last week and said he was in Charleston and wanted to know where to go fish at. I told him a few spots. We had wind gust up to 35mph that day.

He said he would call me at the end of the day if he did any good,,,,,I haven't heard from him yet..........Ha-Ha-Ha

I had to cancel another writer this past week also because of the weather. They are calling for a 40% chance of rain all week here in Charleston,,damit!

Its 1:30pm Sunday here in Charleston and we have MORE rain on the way, coming up from the SE.

(This loop is live)

southeast_loop.gif