Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

5/15/09 Monster Tarpon Landed Off Dock! (video)

I finally landed a monster tarpon in Boca Grande from a dock after losing quite a few over the years. Usually there is not much chance to land a monster fish like this in an urban canal unless the fish cooperates. This one did! After wrapping me around a piling for a while the fish decided he would swim back around it for me. My family happened to be there to video the whole thing. My favorite part of the video is when the fish swims into the snook light. Check it out its pretty cool:

http://www.thedailyfishingrepo...snook

We also caught a few snook shortly after. Here is a picture of one chilling in the middle of the light...

IMG_4721.jpg