Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Where to spend July 4?

Ever hear of Naples Florida? Little pricey and upscale but a great place to visit in the USA. A great Florida destination! Very good firework show at the Naples Pier, July 4th. Your welcome to tag along to view the works, 200-300 vessels usually there, one good thing is we head the other direction afterwards vs. 95% heading South after the show. North bound traffic is light. Your on your own for the rest of your trip here but a boat ride and fireworks show I can offer. Baramundi fishing trip you will owe me...

Hey Ludi,

Thank you again for the offer.

Doesn't look like we will be hitting the left Coast this time around. Wish I could take you up on your offer.

I've seen your pics before, and it looks like a great place. I'll be the one missing out.

Thanks again.

Darren

Took the boat (back in the day) out twice for July 4th. Once out of Boca Inlet and the other out of Hillsboro. Never ran into any trouble, near misses or anything. Only minor concern was the large yachts at the drawbridge but with some good timing getting through was quite easy.

I actually saw more boats out yesterday (Mother's Day) than I did on the 4th.

I'm going on Ludy's boat!

Hey Wiley,

Thanx. I tend to boat over here every holiday too, so crowds are not something i'm scared of. I can look after myself and stay out of harms way.

A question for you Mr W. We are looking at also doing a cruise with a ship before July 4 from Miami or Fort. Do you recommend a particular boat or company to look for? We want to cruise the Bahamas.

Regards

Darren

Hey Wiley,

Thanx. I tend to boat over here every holiday too, so crowds are not something i'm scared of. I can look after myself and stay out of harms way.

A question for you Mr W. We are looking at also doing a cruise with a ship before July 4 from Miami or Fort. Do you recommend a particular boat or company to look for? We want to cruise the Bahamas.

Regards

Darren

Darren, how many of you are there? There may be other Bahamas options.

Hey Menzies,

Thanks for the info. I googled those places, but we would like to experience the cruise atmosphere. It's something we've wanted to do for a while, but now the opportunity has arisen, so we will take it.

We don't mind missing out on some of the place to experience the cruise.

We are in hotels for about a month, so the cruise will be a good break.

Darren

I would google "launch ramp with bleachers" and go wherever you find one. Bring your cooler and a few snacks and it will be a very enjoyable day.

Hey Auto,

Thanx for the suggestion. I'm sure it would be entertaining, but not why I am spending a crap load on a trip.

Would really love to be on the water sometime while in the states.

Darren