Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Opinions 1990's 26 Scarab

If the 26 is anything similar to the 302/sport I can tell you that my 1981 has an aluminum tank, I think that Chris 1994 also has aluminum so you should not have problems with E10. (assuming that wellcraft used the same 150 gal tank for all those Scarabs).

I will recomend to check/change the hoses thoug to alcohol resistant.

If you are going to re-power I would defenitly go with something bigger like a 250

If the 26 is anything similar to the 302/sport I can tell you that my 1981 has an aluminum tank, I think that Chris 1994 also has aluminum so you should not have problems with E10. (assuming that wellcraft used the same 150 gal tank for all those Scarabs).

If you are going to re-power I would defenitly go with something bigger like a 250

E,

So it's a pretty quality boat? What HP do think it's rated for?

I rigged dozens of these boats when they first came out. I replied to you (over there).

Anyway I believe they were rated at 300 hp. We did a test with cop radar (pre GPS) of two identical boats. One with two 150 hp mercs and one with a 275 Cosworth HP Merc. The single blew off the double no trouble. Her manners were better as well. Fun boat with a good ride.

PM emudryj or myself for details to recommend on what you should look for when surveying older Scarabs. They have their issues. He knows these boats quite well.