Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Friday Crossing

Waddill: Did you end up making the trip over? How was it? I had a friend who went over on Friday and came back today. Did you take any pictures?

Yes we went over Friday weather was superb stayed at Old Bahama Bay on the boat. Fishing was not stellar with full moon and screwy current. We ate well drank well and generally had a good time. We caught some dolphin yeallow snapper and some grouper but was unusally slow. We came back on Sunday I should start taking some pics it always seems last on my mind. One cool thing was we came up on about 300 lb blue marlin sunning him self of course he did not take our baits. We also saw 3 seperate marlin free jumping during our crossing

Also got some bad diesel at OBB caused us some grief coming home had to drain the filters and slowed the boat down.

hey bstn what part of Stuart do you live in. I am in Rocky Point. We keep the boat at Hinckley in the pocket