Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Stratos Bluewater Boats--not Bass Boats

I had a Stratos 2250 center console. Mine had the glass and kevlar hull. My hull was a 1994. I repowered with a Honda 200HP. I was very happy with the boat and never had any problems.

JLimb, how can you tell if they have Kevlar in hull, or did they all? How long did you keep yours and did you replace transom?

Hi,

When I bought mine I received all the paper work from the owner. It included the build sheet which listed everything. As I understand it the Hydrasport Vector and Stratos salt water boats were very similar. If you looked at the two boats side by side they looked identical. The Hydrasport 2250 and Stratos 2250 were essentially the same boat. When I bought mine it had a 200HP Evinrude. I had a great deal of trouble with the engine and repowered with a Honda 200HP 4 stroke. The only thing I added thereafter was trim tabs. I never had any problem with my transom. Even with the added weight of the Honda I never had any problem. I loved the boat and would still have it except my wife and I decided to get something with a cabin. My mechanic told me that my boat fell in the years when quality was high. I would look carefully at anything pre 1994 as he said there were issues with fit and finish. I hope this helps.