Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Block Island Hotel

Check out the Spring House. http://www.springhousehotel.com/

It's been a while since I've been there (3 years) but it was very nice and has fantastic views. Everything on the other side of the island (great salt pond) is really a dump.

Thanks. Just made a reservation. Block is something like 15-18m.

Where should I keep the boat? 30ft CC. Thanks again.

I would stick the boat on a mooring in the great salt pond. If you can (and I know it might be difficult) bring bikes. I know this sounds goofy but we often travel with 3 mountian bikes in the back of our Fountain 32. The Spring house is on the opposite side of the island so you will either bike it or take a cab. You can rent bikes at several places around the great salt pond. The best thing to do is take a look at a map and decide your best way to travel.

• 5 weeks later...

we always stayed at the Blue Dory Inn, but I think it has since been sold, so I think the name may have changed.

lucky dog is right on, you will be a few miles away from the spring house (make sure you get the calamari (sp?) at the spring house).