Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

One Of The More Ignorant Things I've Seen Lately

Next time you ride past govt housing look at the cars, they all drive better cars than I do

Don't get me started! I did a utility job in a Habitat For Humanity neighborhood a few months ago....driveway after driveway with Lexus, Mercedes, Escalade, Navigator, etc. parked in it.....the great part? None of them ever left to go to work. There were a few people in the neighborhood that apparently worked from home, though. Their car never left, but 30-40 cars a day would stop by for 5 minutes or less.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I guess I have it good here. Actually it is rare that I go to a grocery store as I use Pea Pod (nothing beats home delivery). However, when I do go, the local market is actually a friendly social setting. The checkout actually ENFORCES the 15 item or less rule. People in line will say, "Why don'y you go first, you only have a few things"

Wow, I guess I have it good here. Actually it is rare that I go to a grocery store as I use Pea Pod (nothing beats home delivery). However, when I do go, the local market is actually a friendly social setting. The checkout actually ENFORCES the 15 item or less rule. People in line will say, "Why don'y you go first, you only have a few things"

How revolutionary!

Exactly which planet are you living on? Sure doesn't sound like 21st century Earth.

:504_shrugging:

What'll really get you steamed is to watch someone pay for food with a stamp card, and then buy some smokes and pull out a roll that would choke a horse to pay for that.

BTW....nothing wrong with writing a check....as long as it's not in the cash only line and they don't wait until the very last minute to fill out everything except the dollar amount. I have written many a check....and believe it or not, I had plenty of money in my account to cover it. Not everyone is a thief. There's no way I'd trust my wife with a debit card.....she had one and kept forgetting to write the transactions down. It's checks or cash for her nowadays.

Now, don't even get me started on the ones with full shopping carts in the 10 items or less lanes, or the mom's who can't keep a handle on their yard apes.

In my part of Florida, the geriatric set has a firm grip as the most populated. Recently while behind the grandfatherly ol gent in front of me it took all I could muster to stay calm and not try and "help" him along. He was paying and started patting his pockets and a look came over him.

The frown turned to a smile as he retrieved his teeth from his shirt pocket and moved them to his shopping bag. I just smiled...... :P

These days you can't write a bad check in any major retail store. They have a machine that scans the account number and and verifies that there is enough money in the accound to cover the bill.

I have a hundred of these stories, but here are a couple quick ones.....

Lady in front of me with a cart full of groceries. Instead of quickly piling the stuff on the conveyor belt like you are supposed to she puts every item up one by one. And she doesn't put the next item on until the last item is rung up and she sees the amound she was charged. I could see the looks on the cashier and baggers face like WTF?

The guy behind me loses it and yells out "hey lady lets go here, we have lives" . She replies with "this is how I do it, I want to make sure I am not being overcharged, if you don't like it then go to another line". Thats when I lost it and asked for a manager, he came down and opened another register. I was done and out the door with about the same amount of stuff and this broad wasn't even 1/3 through her stuff.

Pet Supermarket......I go in for a can of fish food and there is nobody at the only open register. Im in there maybe 45 seconds. I get to the register and there is some old lady with about 200 cans of cat food!!!! It seems like this happens every friggin time. How many cats does this lady have? I love cats and I have one but a bag of Purina at the grocery store does just fine. And of course most of the cans are not in the case and need to be rung up seperatly....then the check book comes out. I feel like stabbing myself in the neck.

How revolutionary!

Exactly which planet are you living on? Sure doesn't sound like 21st century Earth.

:504_shrugging:

Wickford Rhode Island. The local grocery even offers free coffee and tables to sit at and enjoy.

For parents with young children, they even have an aisle in which they will unload your cart, scan the items, bag them, load your cart, and walk it out to your vehicle for you. Of course, this line takes longer, but it is a good service to offer.