Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

East Cape - Back in 87

East Cape - Back in 87 
Here we are in the second week of October and the craziness of 2015 continues.  Basically, dorado and tuna have done a no show all season.  We did have a few moments but nothing consistent to hang our hats on.   In the meantime we have experienced an outstanding billfish bite with one of the best seasons for blue marlin in years.  Wahoo have also made a good showing most of the year and help fill some of the void in anglers coolers.  The most unlikely suspects that have been a welcome surprise are amberjack and yellow.  They have been bending rods for a couple months now and putting big smiles on anglers faces.

Our air temperature has dropped and so has the humidity.  In the period of a week it has gone from stifling to very comfortable.  Wind has tried to blow from the north a couple days but is not strong.  Waves can be heard gently lapping on the beach at night which has become a foreign sound because it has been silent for so long.  This season has brought less wind and more rain than I can ever remember.  The landscape from San Jose to Los Barriles is lush green and looks more like the tropical jungle of Costa Rica than the desertscape of Baja.  Sea temps were heading for the low 80's but yesterday I found myself back in 87.

While the East Cape fleet is struggling to catch quality tuna the cows have shown up in Cabo San Lucas on the Pacific.  We are looking forward to competing in Western Outdoor News Tuna Tournament November 5th and 6th.  The event is always a great time and I'm certain this year will be no exception.  The team on Jen Wren III just dropped out because of medical issues which offers a great opportunity for someone wanting to put together a last minute team.

After the WON Tuna tournament Vaquera will be departing for Mag Bay and offers the trip of a lifetime.  Call or email me for more information.

Mark Rayor
teamjenwren.com
markrayor.blogspot.com
www.facebook.com/JenWrenSportfishing
US cell 310 308 5841

1011151.jpg
Off to the races

1011152.jpg

1011153.jpg

1011154.jpg

1011155.jpg

1011156.jpg

1011157.jpg

1011158.jpg
Discovered mama turtle building a nest in front of our place

1011159.jpg

10111510.jpg
Jen Wren III on the loose!  Hard to believe this heavy stainless ring failed.  It was part of our anchoring system.