Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Blizzard

Just heard from my son who is attending graduate school in Boston and he said they are getting slammed. He and his buds are hunkered down on Hereford St, having a grand old time without having lost power yet. I hope all of you up there are faring well. I feel your pain. It's not even 60 degrees here this morning and I have a fire going in the fireplace. Wind honking too, gusts to 25 or 30 its. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! 1121_wink.gif

Still Snowing at 3:50 PM but is has slowed down. The current depth is 30" 25 miles west of Boston. Nantucket Island has lost all power.

The good news is all my snow toys are running flawlessly. I just got done plowing the company lot out with the F250 and the John Deere loader. Note to self order heated seats on the next plow truck.

I have 48" of snow on the deck of the house Hmmmm time for the tracked Honda snowthrower. I can't understand why the wife was upset with me running it thru the house though.Things will be back to normal by Friday.

Wow, that's something else! I was in Boston for the blizzard of 1978 and I made up my mind then that I wasn't going to stay up there after graduation. I spent 2 summers in Chatham during college, living with my friend's family on Morris Island. Worked at Pate's and the Impudent Oyster. Are they still around? That was a great time.

Yes, Pates, the Oyster and the Squire are still in business. My daughter worked Pates one summer (geee I'm old).

The blizzard of '78 I remember getting up to go to work, going out to my 1974 Bronco and starting it up and looking in the rear view mirror at a 20' plus snow drift. I spent the next two weeks running a Cat loader 16 hrs a day bucketing roads open.The early Broncos were the vehicle of choice on North Beach with the long travel suspension and a 302 it really moved along.

Since I last posted another 5", but it is cold 22degrees and the snow is light and puffy.