Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Blizzard

Well, had a great night last night with the Pats but it sucks here today, another 14 inches of snow today. Calling the JD dealer to see if they have a bigger loader in stock. The F250 is running great but there is nowhere to push the snow. Worked all weekend

Ohhh great it is going to snow again Thursday!! Thinking about about shutting it down leaving on the first fight out on Jet Blue to FL.

Still Snowing at 3:50 PM but is has slowed down. The current depth is 30" 25 miles west of Boston. Nantucket Island has lost all power.

The good news is all my snow toys are running flawlessly. I just got done plowing the company lot out with the F250 and the John Deere loader. Note to self order heated seats on the next plow truck.

I have 48" of snow on the deck of the house Hmmmm time for the tracked Honda snowthrower. I can't understand why the wife was upset with me running it thru the house though.Things will be back to normal by Friday.

Go onto e-bay and order the kit . It's only about $100 for 2 complete sets (heated pads, relays, hi/low illuminated switches). To make it real easy order a set of neoprene seat covers then you just stick the heater pads on the factory seat covers and then the neoprene seat cover over the whole thing. 1946_headbanging.gif

The wipers on the F350 are the worst and the design of the cowl only aggravates the problem. Clearly the truck designers don't have a clue that a 4WD work truck might get used in the winter to plow snow..

Thank God for the tractor. I was sending snow 75 feet at times.

I don't find the wipers a problem, however on my 2012 F250 supercab a number of small things drive me crazy.

The auto locking hubs are not marked to indicate what position they are in. if the hubs are in auto you might as well have a 2 wheel drive truck as they unlock when you change direction.

Another problem is the backup alarm radar goes off constantly once the sensors have snow on them. I know you cannot expect a disable switch because of Nanny mentality, but how about a heater?

Traction control disable only works one time or when in low range. When pushing a big load I really don't need the power cut by 75% Low range is too slow in reverse.

How about a heater in the back right side door window? Lost view of the JD loader being run by my son with snow accumulation on that window.

However I am very comfy with the high tier sound system/ blue tooth, 6 way leather seats, 2 zone hvac, heated mirrors and back window. It runs flawlessly and gets 13.9 mpg (gas) at Massachusetts highway speeds (80).

I gave my son the JD 445 tractor w/ the 2 stage snowblower for his new house. Great machine but would drink over 5 gals an hour when blowing.

We are going to be tested again this weekend. Yahoooooo!!

The 350 is a plain jane standard cab fleet truck for me that was well used from a company that died. Even has roll down windows and a rubber floor. Had a 1st gen Vee plow that came with it that I swapped out for a 9 foot Fisher. The only thing the Vee did well was stack snow the rest of it was a POS with weak hydros.

Have a good friend who's plowing with a 2015 loaded diesel and is having a ton of issues with it. Trucks in general are getting much too complicated IMO.

• 1 month later...