Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

So, who's planning on making a trip to...

The island is amazing in untouched and unspoiled natural habitat. Best thing that could happen at this point is the powers at be declare the whole island a Nature Preserve sort of like the Galapagos. Granted there is already development that could be improved upon for tourism and to help the local economy but beyond that nothing should be touched. I'm no tree hugger by any means but the island is spectacularly loaded with natural features. Thus being probably the best thing that came out of the decades old economic and travel sanctions

Edited by Mint Buster

No way. Leave them all there. Just limit future development on the island to the footprint of what already exists. NO expansion. The island truly has some amazing natural features found nowhere else in the Caribbean. If you have Netflix search out documentaries about the island. You will be amazed and it's time well spent. I'd rather watch that then waste my time watching a pro football game where the "fix" is in.

• 4 weeks later...