Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Menzies

Anyone Have A Musical Instrument They're Not Using?

28 posts in this topic

Who's Ian anderson?

Menz........i guess you are so dayum popular that some rodents will seek you out no matter where you go. :2403_worshipper:

they won't admit it but they really miss you. :2261_high:

MoreCowbell.jpg

MoreCowbell.jpg

More ice cream?

Who's Ian anderson?

He was an unbelievable flute musician in the band Jethro Tull. Truly amazing player he was. I was never into classical music (my dad, who was a hell of a classical guitar player) would stop a listen while Ian was playing if it was on the stereo. Of course we were all very stoned but that's off topic. I was 16 (1977) being a gas jockey and the manager (Tom) was really into Tull and swimming. Matter of fact he knew my father who played handball, ran a 10 minute mile after that, then beat the heavy bag for 15 minutes at the YMCA. If Jim only knew how messed up Tom always was.... Anyway, Tom's nickname was Aqualung, fitting really giving the swimming and stoned thing. Tom also raced his Kwai 500 2 stroker bike. Crazy SOB on two wheels. Crashed one afternoon with a Banana Split between his legs riding the bike on his way home from the ice cream stand to home. It was hot and he didn't want it to melt.

I'm not sure what else Ian played within the band but I think some vocals were also some of what he brought to the studio and the stage. I don't know if I have any records in the basement of them. I was a tape kid then.

I can still listen to some Tull these days. I smile and wonder WTF Tom is doing these days.

Never was much of a Tull fan, but who could foget Ian Anderson or "Bungle In The Jungle"?

Never was much of a Tull fan, but who could foget Ian Anderson or "Bungle In The Jungle"?

And Aqualung. For some reason my memory of Jethro Tull is mixed up with memories of a bong we manufactured from parts pilfered from chemistry class.

Memories are funny that way, aint they?