Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Anyone Have A Musical Instrument They're Not Using?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who's Ian anderson?

He was an unbelievable flute musician in the band Jethro Tull. Truly amazing player he was. I was never into classical music (my dad, who was a hell of a classical guitar player) would stop a listen while Ian was playing if it was on the stereo. Of course we were all very stoned but that's off topic. I was 16 (1977) being a gas jockey and the manager (Tom) was really into Tull and swimming. Matter of fact he knew my father who played handball, ran a 10 minute mile after that, then beat the heavy bag for 15 minutes at the YMCA. If Jim only knew how messed up Tom always was.... Anyway, Tom's nickname was Aqualung, fitting really giving the swimming and stoned thing. Tom also raced his Kwai 500 2 stroker bike. Crazy SOB on two wheels. Crashed one afternoon with a Banana Split between his legs riding the bike on his way home from the ice cream stand to home. It was hot and he didn't want it to melt.

I'm not sure what else Ian played within the band but I think some vocals were also some of what he brought to the studio and the stage. I don't know if I have any records in the basement of them. I was a tape kid then.

I can still listen to some Tull these days. I smile and wonder WTF Tom is doing these days.