Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

What Are You Doing This Weekend?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work 4 10's with mondays off. 5 am this morning ,collecting seaclams off the beach. 8:30 am, hammering the codfish (up to 25 lbs) 3:pm trout fishing at a local pond with my 8 yo daughter till about 6:30 for nary a hit.(I used to be good at this).

Tomorrow back at those bruiser codfish. monday, back at those bruiser codfish. Gotta get them while the gettin is good.

Cancelled kayakas today - too windy and choppy for our area. Try again tomorrow.

Invited to a big gala function tonight, they will have "virtual fishing" contest! That will be interesting.

It was very windy and choppy in the port. This weekend isn't holding much boating for me. Today the wife went to the "Day of Caring" which is a cancer fund raiser. I took the boat out for a cruise by myself. Passed by the port and it was sloppy. Then I went to Lloyd for a couple of beers and headed home.

Sunday we have my wifes company party, it starts at 5pm so I'm just going to hang home. If I go out in the boat I'll be wiped by 5. To bad Wiley, it would have been cool to meet up for a beer, maybe next Sunday at Lloyd?

It's windy almost every day here. Not breezy, but annoyingly windy. Maybe 5 out of the last 200 days haven't been windy.

Yeah, we're going to start using the kayaks so Lloyd on weekends might be a good idea. Though next Sunday wife is away.

I finally installed a removable dock ladder out on the seawall then built a big PVC "frame" to launch the kayaks in and out.

Until I can afford another boat the kayaks will do for a while.

It's windy almost every day here. Not breezy, but annoyingly windy. Maybe 5 out of the last 200 days haven't been windy.

Damn...sounds like you're talking about the weather over here....

Many mornings, early, the seas will lay down a bit. But, after running out for 1-2 hrs we start getting 2-4's. After the football players incident we are a lot more cautious and won't stay out. Makes for kind of a crappy day... day after day after...:1898_:

Don't worry the wind, it will lay down very soon. You moved in that house right after the summer last year. We really only get 3-4 months a year of consistantly calm winds and seas. This starts in late May and by September the winds are blowing again.

You will get a handful of really nice days where its nice and calm inbetween but they come out of nowhere, tough to plan any offshore stuff between late September and May.

Well Saturday in SE Ga was almost slick, started riding about 10 AM and enjoyed the ride until 1 PM, burned 3/4 tank of boat gas, me, wife,grandkids and the dog had a very nice ride thru the rivers and creeks and all the way to St Catherines Sound, that was even smooth.