Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Lionfish

Interesting article...I can attest to the fact that there are bunches of them off NC. They are probably close to the most common fish I see when I dive wrecks here.

I just recently learned that you could eat them....someone posted a youtube link to a video about how to prep them not long ago on THaT other site....I thought it was a joke at first, but the guys that did the video claim they're delicious.

I wonder who was the g u i n e a pig for the first taste test? LOL

David

Edit: Guess spell check stopped the word g u i n e a... Edited, and let me know wiley if this is in violation as i am not using the word in a bad way!

Probably some guy from Louisiana , them fellers will eat what don't eats them 1st.

:239_fishing:

I can attest once you cut the spines off it is just a glorified sea bass, taste like it too. They are awesome on the grill. Anyone who wants to participate in the capture and subsequent dinner just give Nema a call her number is 252-726-9432 she's the one who is making all the arrangements for this.