Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Best Bay Boat/near (10-20 Mi) Shore Boat

i'm waiting on the 22 sportfish from pioneer to be released. the people that have pioneers swear by them.

many around here take the 19 sportfish way offshore in marginal conditions.

they say the 19 rides like a 23.

i run a 19 seapro bayboat, handles large chop well with tabs. boat is great. electrical needs lots of help.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep! Not to answer you to short, surely any answer would be an opinion.

You got one fellow on here ask if he wants a cuddy. Come on a cuddy definitely not anywhere near the accepted idea of what a bay boat looks like.

My own personnal opinion, well I'd need more info to even hazard a guess as to what would be the best with in the restraints of his wants and needs.

Money

New

Used

Bells and whistles

Plain jane

Speed

Wieght

Power preference

Dealer available

Got all kinds.

Yep! Not to answer you to short, surely any answer would be an opinion.

You got one fellow on here ask if he wants a cuddy. Come on a cuddy definitely not anywhere near the accepted idea of what a bay boat looks like.

My own personnal opinion, well I'd need more info to even hazard a guess as to what would be the best with in the restraints of his wants and needs.

Money

New

Used

Bells and whistles

Plain jane

Speed

Wieght

Power preference

Dealer available

Got all kinds.

I know "best" is a nebulous concept, depending on who is reading the question. I had previously stated a price range of 15k - 20k and use would be in the MS/LA Gulf of Mexico and marsh. The Gulf can be slick calm then a T-storm comes up and you're in 3-5's.

I guess what I really mean is a boat that works well in shallow (2'-4') but can handle the run out to the islands located 10-12 miles offshore. From those islands is Chandelieur, another 10 miles or so. All kinds of oil and gas rigs located 10 mi or so south of these islands.

• 1 month later...