Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Best Bay Boat/near (10-20 Mi) Shore Boat

I know, there's no such thing as a perfect boat, but how about one that combines a bay boat's skinny water ability with one that handles a 2 to 3 foot chop to get to the islands 10 to 20 miles offshore. Of yeah, in the 19 to 24 foot range. How about it--- ideas??

There are a lot of good boats and I havent been on all of them. But the boat I have now is the best I know of that fits your parameters. 20P by Maratime. I havent been on the 23p but if it rides as smooth and dry as the 20p you couldnt go wrong.

post-3269-1244495689_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lotta good suggestions above, but take a hard look (seatrial) a 243 before you commit anywhere else...

http://www.evergladesboats.com/boats/243cc.php

225 will be OK, but 250 is what this hull really needs...a good friend has one of these and I'd be comfortable (given the right forecast) 40-50 miles off...plus he's got an 80 lb thrust Minn Kota on the bow for sneakin' around in the shallows...T-top on this thing is AWESOME!!...and has 2 nice big baitwells... :605_thumbs_up:

Judge Yachts builds all their boats with a tapered deadrise. Deep V entry and flattens out by the transom. Along with that and a good length to beam ratio, it gives great blend of ride, stability, and economy. Also provides for shallower draft yet big water capabilities. All composite, rot-free 3 piece construction. Open level deck to helm to make it a great fishing platform.

For a boat with more family features and a little less hard core fishing, I really dig the Bristol Harbor 21. What a classy, good looking boat with head in the console, forward boxes, blunt bow for a longer running surface. Boat is finished very nicely too. BOE Marine in Maryland has a good deal on one that I checked out while they were servicing my motor.

Here is a shot of the Judge deck..

22jy1.bmp