Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Best Bay Boat/near (10-20 Mi) Shore Boat

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, there's no such thing as a perfect boat, but how about one that combines a bay boat's skinny water ability with one that handles a 2 to 3 foot chop to get to the islands 10 to 20 miles offshore. Of yeah, in the 19 to 24 foot range. How about it--- ideas??

Center console or Cuddy? Where are you boating? California? Cape Cod?

I'd say either Boston Whaler 22 Outrage Cuddy, or Parkers (not the DV's).

I liked my old mod V Parker. Tabs and Putting that bow to the chop made for an easy ride, although not quick. Also, I like boats that have a way to get out of the elements if I am going to go 10 miles or more offshore. Stuff happens.

Center console or Cuddy? Where are you boating? California? Cape Cod?

I'd say either Boston Whaler 22 Outrage Cuddy, or Parkers (not the DV's).

I liked my old mod V Parker. Tabs and Putting that bow to the chop made for an easy ride, although not quick. Also, I like boats that have a way to get out of the elements if I am going to go 10 miles or more offshore. Stuff happens.

Mississippi Gulf Coast. Ship/Cat and Horn Islands are all about 10 miles offshore.

Chandelieur Island is another 10-12 miles south. I'm looking in the 15K to 20K price range.

You might want to consider MayCraft. Mod V, shallow dwead ride (13*) Stable at drift. Built like a tank. Not many bells and whistles. :605_thumbs_up:

But then again, I'm a little partial to my MayCraft, ;)

Rusty

22ft Pathfinder, goes shallow and you can have a trolling motor. Run mine in the ocean all the time.

I know, there's no such thing as a perfect boat, but how about one that combines a bay boat's skinny water ability with one that handles a 2 to 3 foot chop to get to the islands 10 to 20 miles offshore. Of yeah, in the 19 to 24 foot range. How about it--- ideas??

dman, I have a 2006 Triton 24' LTS with a 225 Suzuki for sale. 180hrs, like new. It handles 2-3' with ease and drafts shallow. Contact me at: triton24in2006@hotmail.com if you are interested in pics or any other information. It also comes with a 101# thrust Minn Kota trolling motor.

pioneer 220 baysport.

pioneerboats.com

"For all who demand more from a bay boat, the Pioneer 220 Bay Sport is the ultimate angler's dream! If your adventures require entering the inland lake, rivers, and bays or the tougher waters off shore, this unsinkable hybrid design gets the job done! The 220 Bay Sport combines the versatiltiy of a bay boat's shallow to medium draft and spacious fishing platform with the comforts and ride of a Sport Fish. You decide where to go! Let the 220 Bay Sport take you there!"

220-baysport-01.jpg

220-baysport-bottom.jpg