Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Outboard Rebuild

Are these the guys you are referring to?

http://www.nwfloridaoutboard.com/

They rebuilt one of my 2001 Yamaha 250HP OX66s last year. I live in the Cape Canaveral area. I pulled the boat out on a Monday, they pulled the engine off, took it to their shop and installed the rebuilt engine that Friday. I have about 100 hours on the engine and it purrs like a kitten. They installed a new impeller to ensure good cooling and gave me 2 10 micron fuel filters as well. I'm a very satisfied customer and would certainly deal with them again.

LB

http://www.nwfloridaoutboard.com/

They rebuilt one of my 2001 Yamaha 250HP OX66s last year. I live in the Cape Canaveral area. I pulled the boat out on a Monday, they pulled the engine off, took it to their shop and installed the rebuilt engine that Friday. I have about 100 hours on the engine and it purrs like a kitten. They installed a new impeller to ensure good cooling and gave me 2 10 micron fuel filters as well. I'm a very satisfied customer and would certainly deal with them again.

LB

Yes they are.

Thank you for the info.

Nate

• 1 month later...

I had a 2000 evinrude 200 ficht that I had them rebuild a few yrs ago. 07 I think. They have some pretty specific break in advice that I followed (and following that gives them alot of wiggle room on their warranty), but despite breaking it in as they specified, the engine blew again when I finished the initial hours of breakin and got the rpms up to 2500 or so for the first time. It took a while to get them to pick up the old and to get it back (a month or more if I remember correctly), but they did stand behind their work and fix it at no charge. Jim said it was the oil pump that was bad and caused the second blow. I kinda thought that they would have checked the reason for the first blow to make sure it wouldnt happen again, but what do I know about it. Anyway, I ended up getting rid of those engines, as they were not very reliable anyway, computers were always tearing up. I never got any feedback from the person who purchased it.

• 3 years later...

I live in Ft Lauderdale,and contacted Wahoo Marine Outboard in Pensacola Florida,I had two Mercury outboards I purchased from an auction,they were in sad shape,I took a shot and let them pick them up by truck,I was shaking and concerned that they would really do the gob for me,I had a friend live close to their location I am over a thousand miles from them,he stopped by after they confirmed they got my engines,and he went there and they really were working on them,to make a long story short,I AM FISHING AND HAPPY

I got 2 new engines in my opinion,they run great,I cannot say enough about my experience except I GLAD i took a chance,

Edited by fishingtime

<a href="http://www.nwfloridaoutboard.com/" target="_blank">http://www.nwfloridaoutboard.com/</a>

LB