Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

There are No Health Codes that prohibit going barefoot, will this myth ever die ?

THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA is supposedly the most free country in the world; yet, from discussions with barefooters around the world, the USA is one of the most anti-barefoot countries.

Many people in the USA have seen signs like:

NO BARE FEET
by Order of the Health Department

I copied the above from http://www.barefooters.org/health-dept/ cause I want to spread the word after docking in a realy anti-barefoot town and being asked to leave a store cause of some health code. I found the above site looking for this health code cause I suspected it did not exist and I was right.

What About Restaurants? Read what I found below.

This is the situation that most people in the United States seem to feel uncomfortable about. If you ask why, the reason given is usually "Health Codes". Nearly everyone (including, unfortunately, many restaurant staff) seems to be under the impression that it's against health codes to go barefoot into restaurants in the United States. This turns out to be a complete myth. At the following website are letters obtained from the Health Departments of about 40 American states confirming the non-existence of any such regulations.

Here is a link to that ! http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfrestuarants.htm

No shoes allowed on our boat, by order of the captain.