Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Stabilizer cap gasket,falls in gas tank

Hello.I.m new to the site,and would like to get an opinion from fellow boaters. I have owned a boat for the biggest part of my 60 years. But I have pulled a good one this time. While adding fuel stabelizer to my gas tank,I was holding the top of the stabilizer in one hand and the bottle in the other.The hand I was holding the top in was over the opening of the starboard tank on my zx 250 skeeter bass boat.I did not drop the cap,but the gasket in the top looks to be made of cardboard with maybe a thin coating of plastic ,or something simular,fell into the tank.It is about the size of a dime.I had another bottle of stabilizer near by and took the gasket out of it,and put it in a glass with gasoline in it hoping it would float,but not that lucky.

Do any of you, think it will cause a problem,shutting of my gas,or will it posibly disolve? What are your opinions? I would really appreciate any ideas.

Thanks for any responce.

myskeeter

If there is a screen on the end of the pickup tube you will be ok, I don't thnik there is a screen. If no screen that little piece of cardboard can get sucked up into the pickup tube and cause problems, I would want to get it out if it was mine.