Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Vandenberg Headed To Key West

That is awesome news. We were discussing this with some of the Keys dive shops at DEMA last year in Las Vegas. They have some really cool ideas for this. One of them is to build a platform above the deck at about 45'-50' deep for Open Water students to train. This will give them a cool spot to do a check off dive as well as give them a reason to get the Advanced cert to go see the rest of the boat.

This is really great after all these years. Hopefully the sinking goes well. Should be a good show when she goes down.

I hope Inlet Cam has a really long zoom and can get an image of her as she passes South Florida. Looks like it is projected to be off Miami on Sunday. Hopefully Monday when I check the photo forum one of South Florida guys will have some pictures.

We are planning on going out there to watch them sink it. Anyone have any ideas how close you will be allowed? I am definitly going to take the camera, so I will post pics.

That is awesome news. We were discussing this with some of the Keys dive shops at DEMA last year in Las Vegas. They have some really cool ideas for this. One of them is to build a platform above the deck at about 45'-50' deep for Open Water students to train. This will give them a cool spot to do a check off dive as well as give them a reason to get the Advanced cert to go see the rest of the boat.

That is a really great idea :)

PADI Instructor # 14900