Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

NEED SMOKING NEW BOAT TO PURCHASE

IM KIND OF NEW TO THIS BOATING, BUT MY HUSBAND HAS TAKEN AN EXTREME INTEREST TO IT, AND SO HAVE I(YOU KNOW WHATEVER MAKES HIM HAPPY CERTAINLY MAKES ME HAPPY), SO I HAVE DECIDED WITH THE MONEY I HAVE BEEN SAVING UP TO PURCHASE HIM A NEW BOAT, ONE OF THE BEST OUT THERE, BUT I NEED SOME SUGGESTIONS. NOTHING OVER 5,000--WHAT CAN I GET WITH THAT PRICE, WITH ALL THE BASICS, AND KEY FEATURES THAT ARE NEEDED????? I NEED HELP

• 2 weeks later...

It depends on the size and style and then you need to decide new or used .With the amount you posted in your post you will need to buy used and it want be anything to big inless you up the money you want to invest.

You also need someone that knows boats to go with you when you are looking. Craigslists has boats that are "inexpensive", but that does not mean they are ready to run. Your price range is going to make it difficult to get a ready to run boat, not impossible, but difficult.

• 3 months later...

Look for an older boat that's in decent shape, with a slightly less older motor that's been taken care of. They're out there (I know, I have one).

I have a 1992 17-foot Scout, with a 2001 90hp Yamaha. Not selling right now, but it's in decent shape (motor is great), and I'd sell it for around $5K. It's nice looking, and even has a t-top and new leaning post with backrest.

Point is, they're out there -- just keep looking on craigslist and boattrader. Be patient, and be ready to pounce.

Good luck!

• 5 weeks later...