Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Shipshape TV Show

Anyone catch the episode the other day on ShipShape TV. They introduced a product "SuperFlush" it was a back flushing system. Looks pretty interesting they put one on a Glasstream 360 SCX. I believe it was the same boat that was at the Miami Boat Show. Awesome looking boat.

John Greviskis was raving about the boat & the Super Flush system.

Just wanted to see if anyone saw it or if anyone has used that product. I asked this question on "TheHullTruth" and I'll I got was hate mail.

I've known John for over a decade and he is a great guy, really personable and fairly knowledgable BUT, he has a show to fund. I don't know if this product is good bad or indifferent, but I do know that he does his due dilligence before taking the cash. Caveat emptor comes to mind.

Anyone catch the episode the other day on ShipShape TV. They introduced a product "SuperFlush" it was a back flushing system. Looks pretty interesting they put one on a Glasstream 360 SCX. I believe it was the same boat that was at the Miami Boat Show. Awesome looking boat.

Just wanted to see if anyone saw it or if anyone has used that product. I asked this question on "TheHullTruth" and I'll I got was hate mail.

Just curious, but I looked at your thread on THT and didn't see any "hate mail". As others pointed out, ShipShape TV has become a glorified infomericial, not an unbiased DIY program. Do you really expect them to say anything negative about companies who purchase advertising on their show?

Just curious, but I looked at your thread on THT and didn't see any "hate mail". As others pointed out, ShipShape TV has become a glorified infomericial, not an unbiased DIY program. Do you really expect them to say anything negative about companies who purchase advertising on their show?

They are like everyother fishing show they have to have sponsers. Today these sponsers want you to push there products more than just listing them before and after the show. they want the show host to show them off on the program. just the way it is right now.

They still show alot of informative techniques and ideas on the show.

Edited by SCAngler

• 1 month later...

Fine line between information and advertising. As long as it's helpful ..

Fine line between information and advertising. As long as it's helpful ..

Wiley what his show produces is helpful to most boaters. There is no doubt he pushes the products he is using but he does show valid information

on " How to Do " stuff related to boating. It is no different than the majority of the fishing shows pushing the products they use during the broadcast. It used to be that jimmy houston ,bill dance ,and roland martin would fish some and then have a time out for a commercial break . Now the sponsors of the shows want their products mentioned as they are being used in the show to demostrait their effectiveness.

Edited by SCAngler