#21 PBR

PBR

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 04:46 PM

"FCB", Formally Challenged Boater....
yer take de first letter from each word and yer get FCB.

Been around fer years.
"Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

#22 Joe Mc 44

Joe Mc 44

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,758 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 05:05 PM

I've been boating for years. The last few years I've done a lot of sailing but now I'm thinking of going back to a powerboat.

I like the layout and pricing on the Bayliner 275 and am thinking of purchasing a 2005.

Anybody have any insight for me?Posted Image

They are nice weekend boats. Sort of like buying a Toyota Corolla instead of a Lexus. You've been around boating. You like it? Is it priced right? If the answer is yes then buy it. Good luck.
....Posted Image  Message box must be fullPosted Image

#23 ciera2655

ciera2655

Reel New Member

• Registered
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:52 AM

like already stated, if you like the boat get it. picked up a 97 2655 last summer and i love it. got it from origanal owner and in amazing shape. as far as not built well, not true. not getting all the high end bells and whistles, true. depends on your likes and needs. if you just want a great weekender thats reliable and comfortable, get it. only you can make that choice. definetly get a survey as a boat is only as good as the PO took care of it. good luck

#24 seabob4

seabob4

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts
  • Interests:I like to play with wire...

Posted 19 March 2012 - 07:26 PM

like already stated, if you like the boat get it. picked up a 97 2655 last summer and i love it. got it from origanal owner and in amazing shape. as far as not built well, not true. not getting all the high end bells and whistles, true. depends on your likes and needs. if you just want a great weekender thats reliable and comfortable, get it. only you can make that choice. definetly get a survey as a boat is only as good as the PO took care of it. good luck

About as good of a first post as it gets...
Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#25 Mist-Rest

Mist-Rest

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 08:09 PM

About as good of a first post as it gets...

and if your willing to own a Bayliner.

#26 seabob4

seabob4

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 19 March 2012 - 10:56 PM

and if your willing to own a Bayliner.

He will be chased from every marina/dockage/moorage/sea/pond/lake/canal/muck farm from here to Istanbul, they are that bad...

C'mon, Mist, relax, let the dude buy his boat. It's not going to fall apart. Dude down the street has one of those funky old sorta BL Pilothouse designs, prolly a 24, Mercruiser/Alpha, goes out every weekend. Boats pushing 20 years old, looks good...not great, but good.

Must have been built on a Wednesday...
Posted Image

#27 Erie Skipper

Erie Skipper

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

For years Bob, they were the number one boat builder in the world, as you know, and I believe they are still number 2 to Sea Ray in terms of sheer numbers. There are bound to be a few detractors like you see herein when there are that many boats out there. Salespeople have been running them down for years just because they couldn't value compete any other way; and that is really the main reason so many people who have no clue as to the quality of the product cast stones. You tell someone often enough something is bad, they begin to believe it.

Edited by Erie Skipper, 21 March 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#28 seabob4

seabob4

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 914 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

Eggs are bad for you...

Damn, 8 to a dozen a week for the last 30 years, and my cholesterol is good...

Shit, I knew that would happen...
Posted Image

#29 redneck joe

redneck joe

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 08:39 PM

bayliners suck, thats why i've owned so many.

current one is 20 years old, still floats.

been sitting for 13 years just pulled and one blister found anout the size of a dime.

Edited by redneck joe, 21 March 2012 - 08:41 PM.

1979 Carver Montego 2357 | 260 Mercruiser MC-1 

#30 ConchyJoe

ConchyJoe

Reel Active Member

• Registered
  • PipPipPip
  • 422 posts
  • Interests:Family, fishing, militaria, flying

Posted 21 March 2012 - 10:01 PM

If it makes you happy, go for it. With any older boat though, be careful because often you are buying other people's problems. Good luck.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users