Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Thinking of buying a Bayliner 275

I've been boating for years. The last few years I've done a lot of sailing but now I'm thinking of going back to a powerboat.

I like the layout and pricing on the Bayliner 275 and am thinking of purchasing a 2005.

Anybody have any insight for me?1898_.gif

They are nice weekend boats. Sort of like buying a Toyota Corolla instead of a Lexus. You've been around boating. You like it? Is it priced right? If the answer is yes then buy it. Good luck.

like already stated, if you like the boat get it. picked up a 97 2655 last summer and i love it. got it from origanal owner and in amazing shape. as far as not built well, not true. not getting all the high end bells and whistles, true. depends on your likes and needs. if you just want a great weekender thats reliable and comfortable, get it. only you can make that choice. definetly get a survey as a boat is only as good as the PO took care of it. good luck

like already stated, if you like the boat get it. picked up a 97 2655 last summer and i love it. got it from origanal owner and in amazing shape. as far as not built well, not true. not getting all the high end bells and whistles, true. depends on your likes and needs. if you just want a great weekender thats reliable and comfortable, get it. only you can make that choice. definetly get a survey as a boat is only as good as the PO took care of it. good luck

About as good of a first post as it gets...

About as good of a first post as it gets...

and if your willing to own a Bayliner.

and if your willing to own a Bayliner.

He will be chased from every marina/dockage/moorage/sea/pond/lake/canal/muck farm from here to Istanbul, they are that bad...

C'mon, Mist, relax, let the dude buy his boat. It's not going to fall apart. Dude down the street has one of those funky old sorta BL Pilothouse designs, prolly a 24, Mercruiser/Alpha, goes out every weekend. Boats pushing 20 years old, looks good...not great, but good.

Must have been built on a Wednesday...

For years Bob, they were the number one boat builder in the world, as you know, and I believe they are still number 2 to Sea Ray in terms of sheer numbers. There are bound to be a few detractors like you see herein when there are that many boats out there. Salespeople have been running them down for years just because they couldn't value compete any other way; and that is really the main reason so many people who have no clue as to the quality of the product cast stones. You tell someone often enough something is bad, they begin to believe it.

Edited by Erie Skipper