Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Question for the board...what is the best CC

We have been on quite afew used boats the past year, looking to replace our 27' WorldCat...

We made the trip to meet up with Wylie at Yellowfin about a year ago. Since then, the 36' we were looking at has now been downsized to a 32'.

A week ago we found a sweet used '08 with F350's. It sea trialed great! There were some reports that the F350's were slow to plane. If 6 seconds is slow...so be it.

Great fit and finish, a good combination of electronics as well as the KeyWest console and a deal has been hammered out! The boat is now at Yellowfin being detailed and any minor issues resolved.

We have been on quite afew used boats the past year, looking to replace our 27' WorldCat...

We made the trip to meet up with Wylie at Yellowfin about a year ago. Since then, the 36' we were looking at has now been downsized to a 32'.

A week ago we found a sweet used '08 with F350's. It sea trialed great! There were some reports that the F350's were slow to plane. If 6 seconds is slow...so be it.

Great fit and finish, a good combination of electronics as well as the KeyWest console and a deal has been hammered out! The boat is now at Yellowfin being detailed and any minor issues resolved.

Keep us updated and maybe suppy some pics !

• 2 months later...

Heck ANY CC IN WHICH YOU CAN GET OUT ON THE WATER !!! tongue.png Yeah I meant to shout. I agree with the Regulator bunch but with gas at it's current price the extra weight and the extra deep V become a bit pricy IMHO not to mention the boat and motors! Heck one of my boats is a 1975 Mako 15 (Hence the moniker) which I actually use more than my bigger boats. Why - easy on gas, will go where even I fear to tread, extremely stable, extremely dry and easy to manuver next to individual rocks in a jetty, can get into places with less than 1 foot of water, etc. Truth is I will never sell this boat and I have gone through several boats in the 20-24 foot range and even a 32' Silverton Sport Cruiser. Of course the liltle Mako gets lots of TLC but it still looks as good as most boats 2-3 years old. I'm sure it wasn't a big seller - vying with Boston Whaler - mostly because they simply shrunk the CC to make it smaller - I'm only 5'10" and had to add 4x4 s to raise the helm to where I could use it!blink.png . Still - its been a great little boat and I'll keep her until I die.

I doubt there is a "best". It all has to do with intended use. A YF is not a family cruiser. A Midnight Express is not a down & dirty fish boat. I have a Triton 2895. It isn't the best; it is far from the worst. It does a lot of things well and other boats do some things better or worse.

You need to figure out what you are realisticly going to do with the boat and go from there. Miami is a blast as there are innumerable hulls to ride. Every boat has it's own personality and it's pro's and con's. That is what makes the search so much fun.

• 2 weeks later...