Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Proline Boats files bankruptcy

Sorry to see anyone have to close.

The other forum put up wid Mike Carrigan's crap for

years, hoping fer sum advertising dollars....

AFAIK, they never got a dime, hahaha

Gotta wonder what kind of BS spin MC puts on dis ?

Edited by PBR

So this is what I know, from my good friend brad1951 (if you are over "there", you know him).

It more or less is a legal issue as to who owns what, who can do what with what names, in other words, a bunch of legal bullshit. Both sides have TONS of money, so $58M to them is like a dollar to us...just a bunch of rich little boys and their egos, fighting over who's ball it is...and probably spending 5 times the worth of the ball!

My buddy Brad? He's a supervisor at the plant, PLs, Donzis, Fountains. He's been on unemployment since this whole thing hit the fan. Monday, he's headed up to get his boat, his tools, and put his furniture in storage.

So there you have it. BTW, I wired the Proline 26 Super Sport that Joe Worley pulls around behind his 100'+ Bertram, he's one of the Plaintiffs...guess he ain't hurting too bad!!!753_hammer_hitting_head.gif753_hammer_hitting_head.gif753_hammer_hitting_head.gif

Well, here it is folks.

De offishal MC response.....

Quote:

well, whatever, it's not true...no one went out of business becasue their share was stolen, they did it all by themselves...and a quickly shrinking market that took most cash reserves away.

Glenn,

Nothing has changed from the months ago this all began.

What was true then, is true now.

All four companies will continue.

The issue then, as it still is, which company under which ownership, to be built in which plant.

The ownership, partners if you will, have been locked in mortal combat.

All parties joined at the hip in some financial way.

A very incestous relationship, corporation vs. corporation, all arms length of each other, partnerships, or corporate.

Both sides being able to afford the best counsel.

Both sides reacting to the actions of the other.

Ok, I'm not a very smart man.

But, I'll put on the table a six pack to anyone who wants to step up.

Next you'll see, does' the court appointed reciever have the mandate from the judge to file?

My opinion?

Just mine?

Personal opinion?

He was never given such a mandate.

It was never a BK.

None of the companies went out of business.

The current action, my view, was a reaction one side vs. the other.

It's a high stakes table with both sides having the finacial ability to sit at the table.

Nothing has changed since day one.

That is not to say it cant.

It could.

No one knows at this point the ultimite answer.

One thing I'm sure of, no question in my mind what so ever, all four brands will continue operation. When, or who owns which, or where which will be built, is the TBD.

As to the statement as to Sea Hunt, any other brand that might be brought up.

Pick your year.

Pick your brand.

Nothing new about brand competition.

Sea Pro was our biggest competitor that I can recall.

They did a damn good job of it too.

Sea Hunt occupies a market that Pro-Line long since walked away from.

Sea Hunt had nothing to do with it.

Sea Hunt is an excellant product and value.

Pro-Line focus changed long before Sea Hunt came into the picture.

bawha hahaahahahahahhaahahahahahahahahahahahahhahhahahahahahhaaahahahahah

All crap aside I'm glad this has come to the top.

CB4 and MC have their heads so deep into the ass of the company that nobody could do anything wrong in their eyes.

Sell it all to Mitt.

You want to say that to my face, bud? I have ZERO allegience to PL, or any other company, for that matter. The question was asked, I was addressed, I put my opinions (with some inside info) out there, and you attack me with FALSE statements!!!

GO F YOURSELF!!!!

Life's a bitch and then your poorly-thought-out merger of four marginal companies goes bust. My read on it is that this is nothing but a fight over who owns what and at the end of the day, all companies will move on and continue until they fuck it up again. Nothing really surprising here...

CMP