Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Painting my boat

Popeye

Thanks for the advice. PBR still waiting on the CC.471_confused_face.gif

No problems ! I got a couple of loaded EBT cards I

traded in part payment on sum crack. They're in the

mail to you as we speak. After you finish scraping the

decals, go have sum premium filets on the American

taxpayer.

120 was sanding through the brushed/rolled on epoxy over the gel coat/. Plus anyone who's worked with a random orbit sander knows that the grit used comes out much finer. That is if you don't lean into it and you let the machine do the work. I've sprayed countless gallons of Imron and Awlgrip in my day. plus a lot of other stuff, 2 part enamels, etc on countless different surfaces. Shit, some of the best sprayed finishes I've achieved were on homeowner items was with hardware store enamel (i,e, Benjamin Moore) with a generic enamel hardener additive (over a sandblasted and primed surface of course).. I've never used DuPont 222 either. In fact, never even knew about it till you mentioned it. Not trying to put you down. Also a clear coat does all the work too to send it home. Shit I've even spayed Imron over BenMoore Latex Primer with tremendous results. Gilded with 23Kt. patent gold leaf (slow size) with a hand spun burnish and clear coat w/500 imron. Balls to the wall.

Edited by Mint Buster

I am going to use epoxy. Why? Its much more durable and unlike auto paint, it does not need clearcoat. Also it self levels. Why roller and brush? I wont need to buy catalyst. I have the ability to spray, but from my research, Ive decided to go with epoxy, roll and brush. The big boatyards use it. Thanks for the advice. Im not looking for a brand new look. Just something better than what it is. Alot of holes have been filled because of old curtain snaps,mounts ect. Alwgrip is way to expensive.