Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

SEA OF CORTEZ-BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

BETTER LATE THAN NEVER

East Cape is experiencing the best dorado bite of the season. In shore and near shark buoys dorado have arrived in big numbers and are on the feed. Striped marlin have also been plentiful off La Ribera and Punta Pescadero. In shore sierra mackerel along with rooster fish are cooperating with anglers up and down the coast.

Today Steve Schroer of Boulder Colorado brought his 2 sons Bridger and Colter fishing on Jen Wren III. Initially Colter was a little apprehensive about the whole ocean fishing thing until hooking his first dorado. His tune changed when that first dorado hit the deck. Both boys ended up with limits before lunch.

With winter winds upon us, I'm always searching for accurate weather predictions. Last week I found a great wind prediction web site. It took a little time to figure out but is very powerful and has loads of info: http://windalert.com/en-us/Search/ViewResults.aspx#23.89,-108.916,9

Thanksgiving reflection makes me want to comment on some of the changes that have taken place in the 20 plus years I have lived here. Back in 1991 was our first Thanksgiving in Buena Vista. It was then I realized the holiday is not celebrated here. The only restaurant in the community that offered a turkey dinner was Tio Pablos. I used to joke with my friends in the US about the great recipe my wife had for road runner because we couldn't buy a turkey. Now we have Costco, Wal-Mart, Sam's Club plus several huge super markets that all offer turkeys. Reading today's Baja Pony Express I found 12 restaurants offering the holiday dinner: http://thebajaponyexpress.com/2011/November/1202---112111.htm

BD11211.jpg

Colter battles his first dorado

BD11212.jpg

BD11213.jpg

BD11214.jpg

Here is one happy kid

BD11215.jpg

Double hook up the the Schroer brothers

BD11216.jpg

The boys got a kick out of feeding the pellicans when we got back to the dock

BD11217.jpg

On anchor I pitched out our last mackerel and caught this sierra.

BD11218.jpg

Yes, they do have sharp teeth.

Mark Rayor

http://markrayor.blogspot.com

www.teamjenwren.com