A Boating Community With a Fishing Problem!

Photo

CABO 36 EXPRESS

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mjberrocal

mjberrocal

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:43 PM

Well, I just got back from the show at FORT LAUDERDALE. I sea trialed the CABO 36. The boat had C-7's with ZF pod drives (new system from ZF). The boat had a marlin tower, the only way to go in a boat of this size in my opinion. The tower was gorgeous. The poles ran inside the cabin instead of in the outside, it was a new design. Easy to get up and down and the boat did not rock up there. Much to my surprise the boat ran as flat as you can expect, short of a bullet center console. Much of that in my opinion was due to the pods. I do not believe that the shafts would make the bow go that much more higher. I was very satisfied with the boat. I tested the boat on Monday and the seas were 4 to 5. Ideal nasty sea to try the boat. I felt the boat very light, perhaps due to the fact that it had 1/2 tank of diesel and of course no fishing gear. We were 6 people in it. I also felt that the C-7's were very powerful. The acceleration was very quick. The boat was very responsive due to the pods. It was like riding a big center console. I wonder how much the boat would loose in terms of efficiency with regular shafts. Could not get an answer from the ZF or Cabo people there. Here are some pictures, not good ones, but at least some pictures. Quality was outstanding. The boat did NOT pound and we DID NOT get wet. I tried the sucker in all directions at different speeds. Only down side was the price, for a boat this size.

Attached Thumbnails

• FLIBS 1.JPG

Edited by mjberrocal, 06 November 2011 - 06:50 PM.

#2 mjberrocal

mjberrocal

• Registered
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 06:48 PM

More pictures.

Attached Thumbnails

• FLIBS 2.JPG
  • FLIBS 3.JPG
  • FLIBS 4.JPG
  • FLIBS 5.JPG