Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

SEA OF CORTEZ-FISHED OUT?

East Cape, fished out?

For the last couple of weeks fishing has been the slowest all season. It seems whenever fishing slows down folks are always asking "has this place been fished out?"

I have spent more than a 100 days a year on East Cape waters for the last 21 years. I have no scientific data or access to any studies that have been made regarding this. What I do have is a memory like an elephant and can recall what I have personally observed.

My first visit to Los Cabos was in May of 1973 when my wife and I stayed at the Palmilla. My main objective was to catch my first marlin. At that time a single engine cruiser went for $100 a day. It seemed like a fortune but I ponied up for a days fishing with high expectations. At 2PM we had not had a strike and the skipper informed us it was time to head in. As he turned the boat that direction a marlin appeared in our lure pattern and I landed my first ever marlin.

Later in the 70's we returned to the Palmilla. I eeked out another marlin but never saw that wide open fishing others talk about.

My first visit to the East Cape was in 1986 and there after returned once or twice a year. During my visits I was always able to land a marlin and on some trips a dorado or tuna or two but never found that red hot bite.

In May of 1991 we moved to Buena Vista full time. Some times we would catch big fish and sometimes we would pay our dues. It wasn't until July of 91 we had a 5 billfish day. 2 strippers, 2 blues and a sailfish. We had 9 strikes that day and finally experienced that "WFO fishing".

Back then the fishing boats were very primitive. There were no GPS's and only the better equipped boats had VHF radios. Others used CB radios that would not reach out very far or had no radio at all. In those days there was only one telephone on the East Cape. Communication to the US was very limited and it was almost impossible to get timely fish reports. When reports did filter to an American fisherman the talk was always about the good days. That is what everybody wanted to hear about.

So back to the burning question. Has the place been fished out? No, it has not. We still have good days and slow days. It has been that way for the last 30 years. That's fishing! I am observing more vigilance than in the past. Catch and release is promoted more than ever before. The Sea of Cortez is one of the richest and also most resilient bodies of water on this planet. This slow period will end as fast as it came. Soon the fish will show in numbers one more time and it will be game on. In the mean time the real fisherman will keep trying and enjoy their experience on the water.

Posted are a few random images captured this season I have not had an opportunity to share.

BD10131.JPG

BD10132.JPG

BD10133.JPG

BD10134.JPG

BD10135.JPG

BD10136.JPG

BD10137.JPG

BD10138.JPG

BD10139.JPG

BD101310.JPG

BD101311.JPG

BD101312.JPG

BD101313.JPG

BD101314.JPG

Mark Rayor

www.teamjenwren

markrayor.blogspot.com

• 6 months later...

A final piece of assistance to get a young bride: always think of your wedding photos once you pick your bridal burberry outlet gown. Girls in their early 20s are likely to be really adventurous when it es to fashion, but you'll be taking a look at these wedding photos for decades to e. Choose a wedding dress style which suits the young lady you're today, but a single which you are going to also appear back on fondly once you are an older a lot more sophisticated woman.

1950's style wedding gowns have been extremely popular not too long ago, and they would be an excellent selection for a younger bride. The look of the '50s is feminine plus a tad bit demure. You are going to appear like burberry outlet an ingenue from a classic film! A sweetheart strapless neckline is stunning, especially when paired with a soft skirt in tulle or lace. A waist length burberry outlet veil appears adorable with the natural waistlines of '50s inspired gowns. Break up the period impact with a surprising detail, like a pair of infant blue shoes rather than white bridal pumps.

There are many directions in which a young bride can opt to go with her wedding christian louboutin sale dress. The fairy princess style is always fairly for a young lady. A few of the much more princessy styles which look silly on older brides are totally divine to get a bride in her early 20s. A complete tulle skirt is herve leger specially beautiful, perhaps using a delicately beaded bodice with spaghetti straps. Add crystal chandelier earrings as well as a dainty tiara to really feel like a true princess bride.

When the princess style isn't your taste, think about a easy dress inside herve leger dresses a slender A-line style. The louis vuitton uk great thing about this silhouette is the fact that you could possibly be able to gucci outlet locate a white or ivory dress from a special occasion or bridesmaid line, as opposed to having to invest a lot more on some thing from a bridal collection. That could be perfect for the young bride on a price range. Add a fingertip gucci outlet length veil using a ribbon edge as well as a fabric flower inside your hair to plete the impact. When your wedding gown is really straightforward, take care to choose bridesmaid dresses which are even simpler in order that your attendants usually do not upstage you. Tea length dresses within your favorite color could be an incredibly good plement to a straightforward A-line wedding dress.

Shorter dresses can easily be carried by brides in their early 20s. Following all, they're going to have the great legs for a brief dress! Brief bridal gowns can go a whole lot of various methods, from charming 1950s inspired designs to chic modern dresses to cute A-line babydoll designs (very 1960s, specially using a flyaway veil). Just take care to select a style which can be neither as well cutesy or also herve leger sale sophisticated. A young christian louboutin bride ought to strive to appear fresh and dewy, but still old sufficient to be obtaining married. A brief dress is best to get a City Hall wedding, a beach wedding, or possibly a casual wedding at home.

Read more ralated articles:

http://www.oddsandbetting.com/forum/member.php?action=profile&uid=45654

http://inosmi.kraya.ru/user/LornHoneHiz/

http://breo.ru/user/Vuhdyethy/

http://myonlineguitar.com/forum2/index.php?action=profile;u=482134

http://www.contracting.ru/user/IllusaHab/

http://www.blackxsoldiers.de/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=80892

http://forum.auchipoly.edu.ng/index.php?action=profile;u=751999