Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

’04 Jones Brothers Cape Fisherman 2000LT

I'm posting this ad for a friend. I've fished on this boat ~40 times over the past few years so I can probably answer general questions, but please direct anything specific to the owner (contact information below). We're planning to purchase a new boat together when this one sells, so obviously I think he maintains his stuff and treats it right. thumbsup.gif

’04 Jones Brothers Cape Fisherman 2000LT

Price: $21,000

Year: 2004

Model: Cape Fisherman 2000 Light Tackle Edition

Length: 20.5’

Beam: 8’

Weight: ~3000lbs

Power: Yamaha F150 (515 hrs)

Trailer: Loadrite tandem axle roller trailer (galvanized)

Performance:

Features:

• Livewell (in front of console)
  • Raw water wash down
  • VHF
  • Fishfinder (Raymarine DS500X)
  • GPS (Garmin GPSmap 172C)
  • Trim tabs (Lenco)
  • Dual batteries
  • Hydraulic steering (Teleflex SeaStar)
  • Pop-up cleats and bow light
  • Under-gunnel rod racks (3 rods on each side)
  • Console rod holders (3 spinning/trolling, 1 fly)
  • Leaning post rod holders (4)
  • Bimini top (stainless steel, gray sunbrella fabric)
  • Tackle storage drawers in console
  • 57gal fuel capacity
  • Full boat cover + console cover
  • Includes spare prop (brand new OEM)
  • Trailer has hydraulic disc brakes (4)

Additional Information:

This model was designed specifically for light tackle and fly fishing, but it also works perfectly well for trolling. It’s fuel efficient yet seaworthy. I’ve been extremely pleased with this boat but am upgrading to a 25 footer.

Both the boat and trailer are clean and well-maintained, with everything in good working condition. The bimini top was installed in spring 2011. It collapses down and out of the way when not in use.

The boat has been stored either on the trailer (covered) or in an enclosed boatel, except for one season in a slip. The bottom paint (light gray, ablative) is gradually wearing off.

I’m including several pictures in this post (below). You can see dozens more at this link:

https://picasaweb.google.com/102913211048504232193

I’m happy to answer questions. Thanks for looking.

Jon Mitchell

capt.jdm@gmail.com

917-940-5712 (cell)

post-2739-0-06364700-1318253126_thumb.jp

post-2739-0-03840500-1318253135_thumb.jp

post-2739-0-63981400-1318253146_thumb.jp

post-2739-0-22566800-1318253155_thumb.jp

post-2739-0-83107500-1318253162_thumb.jp

post-2739-0-25295800-1318253171_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

This picture is from last year when the boat was kept in a slip in Chesapeake Beach. Note the console cover and hose. Every single time I've been out on Jon's boat over the past 3 years he has flushed the engine, washed the boat, and covered what he can. He also keeps the hull waxed. In 2009 the boat was stored on the trailer and he had a full cover for it. In 2010 it was stored in the water and he covered the console. In 2011 it is/was stored on a rack indoors. Needless to say, it's very clean and the gelcoat is in way better shape than most boats this age.

post-2739-0-49964800-1319638506_thumb.jp

I got a question about draft. The Jones Brothers website (http://www.jonesbrothersmarine.com/jbm_capefish20.htm) reports the draft as 12". I just called the owner, Jon, and he agrees with that number.

Also, the boat does not squat when getting up on plane. You throttle up, the bow stays level, and you're on plane pretty much immediately. That makes the boat very nimble for chasing schools of breaking fish (which is pretty much the main type of fishing we do for a couple months every year in the Chesapeake Bay). But on the flats that characteristic would also obviously be a benefit.