Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Full Moon Bites

bajainfo

full-moon-of-sept-at-630am-its-the-light-that-we-have-and-still-lots-of-fish.gif

How do we characterize the tuna bite?

mr-rubins-brought-back-limits-on-tuna-on-his-first-day.gif

Start with Hot, Hotter and Hottest. Then go from there with bent rods, aching backs, sore muscles and plates of sashimi during cocktail hour.

ryan-wager-from-san-diego-ca-fishing-on-the-panga-with-alex-2-tuna-and-1-sail-r.gif

While the tuna action continues for quality fish in the 30- to 50-pound range, our other species continue to play catch-up with dorado leading the pack.

The perennial favorite, roosterfish, was not targeted by any of our anglers this week because of the excellent yellowfin tuna bite.

With the warm water, sailfish releases led the way in the billfish category with only one blue marlin caught

We had a total of 20 charters with the following numbers:

(R indicates Released)

1 Blue Marlin

4 Sailfish 4R

5 Dorado

72 Tuna

1 Cabrilla

5 Amberjack

1 Pompano

2011 Thursday September 15 Fish Tale – My quest continues for a world record length fish. In my last ‘Tale’, I had two records and had completed all the applications, written the checks and was ready for the mail. Then I got the update from IGFA. Both had already been broken. Good news is, I was able to retrieve and VOID the checks and buy another keg of beer!

jack-almaco-81cm-1.gif

More good news: I went out today and caught another record. This time a jack or almaco. The current record is 80 cm, mine was 81. Bad news – you have to exceed the existing record by 2 cm to replace it in the record books. Next week.

Today starts the big Mexican holiday weekend, Independence Day. I can celebrate two Fourths of July each year.

Life is Good!