Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

9-11 Memories - On the Forums

wiley

Some of you may not know that before I opened ReelBoating I ran The Hull Truth.

On 9-11-01 THT took on a life of its own serving as a sounding board and information source for the attacks. Hundreds of posts!

Members represented all walks of life including military personnel, New Yorkers, pilots, firemen. Many posted of friends and family who perished that day.

We were an active, tight-knit group back then. Ol' Florida boy here learned a lot about terrorism from other forum members who lived daily with the thought they could potentially be attacked.

The posts have been lost during the numerous software upgrades, but the memories of that day remain. I learned more from the “THT’ers” on 9-11 than from any other source.

I lived in Oregon getting ready for work and turned on the TV to see a tower burning 3/4 of the way up and thought it was a commercial for a movie at first. Second I thought it was a pilot error and as they kept broadcasting then the second plane hit. I could not believe what was happening. And got everyone up in the house and just sit in disbelief as it unfolded the fire, smoke to the collapse. Then the reports started coming in of the Pentagon and that there is another plane down in PA and all plans in the US are now grounded. Sad day for sure

Jags did them proud yesterday....

Some pics. The link to the full set is below.

Jags-9-11-28.jpg

Jags-9-11-1.jpg

There was a message from this marine in Iraq to his mom and pop, then he walked out!

Jags-9-11-25.jpg

Jags-9-11-17.jpg

Jags-9-11-18.jpg

Jags-9-11-19.jpg

Jags-9-11-14.jpg

Jags-9-11-15.jpg

Jags-9-11-16.jpg

Jags-9-11-13.jpg

Jags-9-11-8.jpg

Jags-9-11-10.jpg

Jags-9-11-5.jpg

http://s329.photobucket.com/albums/l362/PASSAGEBOAT/Jaguars%209-11-2011/?albumview=slideshow

• 3 years later...
  • 5 years later...