Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

GPS Tracking

I had the SeaKey system on my old Hydra Sports. It worked off Satellite communications instead of cellular so it would work far offshore as well as on land. I would set the Geofence and not even think about it. A few times I headed out fishing and forgot to turn it off. I was a few miles from the house and the operator would call my cell phone and tell me the boat had left it area. I always thought that if they ever called and said it was moving I would find out where and go take care of it myself. The cops always complicate things. I try to leave them out of as much as I can.

I know it would also allow you to send an OK message and let designated people "ping" you to check up on you while you were offshore. I had my wife check on me a few times offshore to see if it worked. She would tell me where I was and the speed I was traveling at. Pretty neat stuff.

Ludi,

I have the Sea Key system with the display screen at the helm. The unit itself had some problems and I had it replaced a few times but other than that it works very well and the Geofence operates like clockwork. Just about every time I set the geofence I forget to take it off and they call me up right away.

It's expensive but the best in my opinion.

Put the GPS on Ludi... haven't been able to find him in months!

1992_beer_cheer.gif

Been very busy. Got twin babies on the way, a boy and girl. Lots of offshore time on the anchor boat, broke both my arms 4 weeks ago and I have a new Stroker being built. A friend had his Ford truck and Stroker stolen last week on the east coast. Boat was found stripped clean and his truck is still missing. I will look into that system for my boat.

Thought I had just bruised them real bad. Bruised purple and yellow from my elbows to about halfway down my forearms. Worked three more weeks after the injury then got home and the wife made me go see a doctor. The Doc was not thrilled with me waiting 3 1/2 weeks. He did a quick exam and said everything looks ok, and if you broke your arms there is NO WAY you could have worked thru it. Then he got the X-rays. I'm back at about 90% strength. The first couple days was the worst. I had the strength of a 9 yr old girl and the worst part of my workday was putting on socks and taking them back off at night. Also very difficult to use Charmin during the first week.