Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

CG on modified 24 Albemarle

I wish you the best of luck. Let me try to be more constructive.

I would first contact Albemarle and determine where the designed CG was. Usually this will be between 40 and 45% of the total length,in front of the transom but they should be able to tell you exactly. Mark this spot on the hull.

Next, if you have access to a big fork lift or a travel lift, put the boat in the lift and rig it with one wide strap in the center. Pick up on it just a little and see where it balances. Adjust the strap to the balance point of the boat and mark that location on the hull.

Now you know where it is, and where it needs to be. Add your weight, do your mods, move the tanks, then hang the boat again. Keep making weight modifications until the boat balances on the designed CG.

You can correct it like this, but it will take a lot of weight to do it, which will make the boat run even slower and burn even more fuel, but at least she will balance. With 250 HP on that boat, she is already a little underpowered so it's not a great solution, but the best one you have.

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

ok it is now June 2012.. Feed Up I gave the boat to Steve my brother in law told him what I belived the boat required.

He Moved the fuel tank 5 ' forward there is no longer a step down into the cabin area.

He added a 300 Hp Suzukie motor .

Tonight the boat got on plan in about 5 seconds is almost perfect on cg and is getting about 2.4 mpg at 34 mph top speed was 45

we can now cruise at 33-35 mph

Stve put 10 k into the boat including selling the 250 for 7 k.

• 4 weeks later...

These are all the improvements before the new 300 suzukie and moving the tank forward 5'

I will post more photos of the changes soon.

The Aumnum Arch was bought used for 750 bucks and was off a 27 Jupiter

Steve Ran Last weekend to Walkers from Jupiter INlet Inlet

ON the way home around the outside mantenalla from Grand Cay to JUpiter INlet fishing zig zag the whole way total fuel burn was 67 Gallons well over 110 miles running 32 mph in 2-3 seas.