Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Newb in need of help choosing a new boat

Currently own a 2006 sundancer 280. Want to move up to a convertible flybridge boat in the 38-42 range. Need something that I can fish with from time to time but also cruise comfortably with the family. I dock my boat near Atlantic City and would love to be able to travel on some trips south and north but once in a while go out looking for fish as well( maybe a canyon run for tuna). I have 3 kids (13,11, and 8 months) so I need to have 3 beds of some sort for them and 1 for the wife and I.

Hoping someone can steer me towards a boat that will satisfy both of my needs. I would consider anything from a few years old to new but frankly would love to get a "deal" and not break the bank. I should also mention the wife loves boating but also loves to be in the sun so there needs to be a spot for her to be able to catch the rays!

Thanks in advance

Hi baziado! Before choosing a new boat, doing a little homework always helps.Find out why someone is actually selling the used boat Make a list of the features you are looking for in your boat. There are a number of models of flybridge boats that you might find interesting.

You can also check out http://www.marinews.com/buy_a_boat/boat-type/5/Flybridge.html. Hope it helps. :605_thumbs_up:

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...