Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

On The Way to Ft. Myers, FL

Big Dawg is correct for the easiest way. I10 to 75 south.

The snook bite is on fire right now.

The tarpon are still here just not the same numbers as earlier in the year. They are some pods on the beaches and in Boca Grande Pass. The bridges have been holding some nice poons as well.

The redfish bite has been good as well, using cut bait.

Cabbage Key is a must for lunch and a walk around( access by boat only)

Land sights would be the Edison Home on McGregor.

If you need any more info on the area, just ask.

Thanks for all the advice, Sorry about not checking in but had some technical issues with my smart phone, so decided to truly relax and not even check my email or voice mail till I got back. ended up takin Crackers way on the way down using 301 to ocala. Speed limit changes Alot on that road but not a bad drive. We Took I-10 Back wich also wasn't bad, but a little more traffic and wouldn't want to hit it at the wrong time. We ended up hooking 2 tarpon near Boca Gran but lost them both. I should have brought bigger tackle. Also hooked what I think most likely was a rather large shark but I'll never know as we never got a look at it. There were several grouper in the pass that we got on spro-jigs and gulp curly tails. We only spent half-days on the water to keep the ladies happy. The one full day we had, the trolling motor knocks out on us. We where able to get right many trout though, out of the pot-holes before it quit. Cabage Key was great for lunch, we dropped the girls off at caya casta went fishing for a little while, then pick them up for lunch. Had A great time vistiting Family in Lehigh Acres and Punta Gorda and The Fishing Was relaxing. We Got ALOT of rain while we were down there big change from up here in NC as we hadn't hardly seen any, that is until our drive back to New Bern. I Still haven't caught my tarpon or big snook but may be on my next trip