Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

On The Way to Ft. Myers, FL

I am headed down to Ft. Myers Florida for vacation. I'm Planning on staying until July 7th. I am leavin From New Bern North Carolina and was wondering what would be the best way to go once I get To Jacksonville. Do I take 301 to ocala and get on 75, or Should i continue south and take I4 across?

Question Number 2, Whats type of fishing is hot right now?

Question nuber 3. Any local restraunts and sights to check out?

all comments and advice are appreciated.

I am headed down to Ft. Myers Florida for vacation. I'm Planning on staying until July 7th. I am leavin From New Bern North Carolina and was wondering what would be the best way to go once I get To Jacksonville. Do I take 301 to ocala and get on 75, or Should i continue south and take I4 across?

My bro lives in Naples. The bite is in 70 feet or more. Mostly grouper. Reds you can keep. Mangroves too. We dont eat out, sorry. Go to AAA web. They will map out your course. Oh Yeh, Dolphin also. Are you dragging a boat?

I 95 to I 4 to I 75.

Just make sure you time it to avoid rush hour through Orlando and Tampa. Its about 2-2.5 hours from Daytona to Tampa. Another 2 hours from Tampa to Ft Myers.

If you want to travel back in time you can go down highway 17 after you get through Orlando. It will save you 50 miles an it takes the same amount of time (thats the way I go from orlando)

I make that trip a lot from Savannah. The fastest way is down 95 to the second exit past the FL line. Get off on A1A, go west to Callahan and pick up US301. Take 301 to Ocala, then cut across to 75.

I would avoid Jacksonville, Daytona and I4, and especially Orlando at all costs!!