Welcome to the Reel Boating Forum.
From Trailer Boaters to Captains to Marine Industry Professionals, the Reel Boating Forum welcomes you to join in with other boaters and fishermen discussing topics including sportfishing, marine electronics, boating safety, boat engines and more.
Use our FREE boat classifieds to sell your boat or fishing gear.
Marine Industry Vendors are also welcome to register a username and freely post their products or services

Boat Sales Continue to Decline

I had a facebook account for about a month and developed a stalker from 20 years ago. I deleted the whole thing and never looked back. One of my employees was buggung me about having a facebook thing for my business to "Help rateings for my website" . I told him if he wanted to do it on his "Own Time" have fun, but I wasn't paying anyone for it. Totally usless.

• 3 weeks later...

I see this everywhere. No one does a real face to face anymore. We were in a restaurant and 8 20 somethings were a few tables away. No one was talking to one another-they were all texting. Why bother to get together?

Anyway, today is a serious blow to the boating industry. Extreme amounts of wealth were eradicated this week (it's only Monday!!). Even if one were 100% cash the general malaise and fear of impending doom will put the buyer's hands back in their pockets.

Ok doom and gloomers; we have averaged just shy of 30 boat sales per month since the first of the year in northern Ohio. The buyers are out there; you've just got to have what they want and be prepared to take a trade-in.

Yes, we've been around for over 40 years and we are serious about the boat business. But those who say it isn't happening are misinformed; at least as sales apply to Lake Erie in particular. Even the banks are loosening up and interest rates are believable again.